Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Position of Hanky

You have options:

Left: Worn by the more dominant participant. The TOP.

Right: Worn by the more passive participant: The BOTTOM.

Arm/Wrist: Either left or right [see above]

Ankle: Either left or right [see above]

Back Pocket: Depending on your dominant or passive side, wearing the hanky in your back pocket is the most common placement. Personally, this is how I display my hanky's. Sometimes I fold them into squares and allow a little bit to show or I'll have it unfolded and hanging halfway out of my back pocket. When the hanky is hanging out it adds a fun, more fancy way of displaying your colors. When it is folded, it's more of a professional look and better for personal use.

Around the neck: Old school and not as common today. When men would square dance together, a bandana around the neck with the specific color [blue or red] signified their position in the dance.

Belt Loop: Uncommon.





No comments:

Post a Comment